Recall the definition: contextual advertising, the content of which depends on the text of the search query, is called search. It is shown on the search results pages in all Runet search engines - Yandex, Google, Rambler, etc.
Target in English means "target", therefore, "targeting" - targeting. Advertising targeting is the choice of conditions that determine when and to which people it will be shown.
There are several types of targeting in contextual advertising.
• Language targeting - setting up displays of advertising materials to users entering search queries in a particular language. For example, only in Russian.
• Geographic targeting, or geo-targeting, - setting up ad impressions to residents of a certain city, region, country. For example, only residents of the city of Nukus.
• Time targeting - setting the time range when the ad will be displayed. For example, only from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Moscow time.
• Targeting by keywords and phrases - setting up ad impressions to users entering search queries with the required properties. For example, only to users who enter the query “plastic windows”.
• Targeting by advertising platforms - setting up impressions on a given site or group of sites.